Speak to your attorney first!
If you are stopped, identify yourself but everything else you tell the police will be used against you. Do not engage in casual chit-chat with them – discipline your mouth, please. Demand they immediately put you in touch with me at 425-367-1122 or a public defender.
Politely but firmly tell the officer:
- I do not consent to any search or detention.
- I want my attorney or a public defender & help reaching them.
- I am not answering ANY questions.
- If I'm suspected of DUI for alcohol and/or drugs, then:
- I will not take a PBT (Portable Breath Test) or any Field Sobriety Coordination Tests.
- I will provide breath samples at the police station or take a blood test.
So... Be Quiet and Wait for Me!